To build the foundation of a great RP community, there has to be a great foundation for the OOC community backing it. Argo puts as much emphasis on OOC personality as it does on IC quality; our recruitment process assesses both those aspects.
To initiate the recruitment process, the candidate is responsible for a handful of steps:
1. Fill out the application located below.
2. Join the in-game public channel called '38th Argo'. This is Argo's dedicated channel for applicants and allows both the admins to find you easily, as well as giving you an opportunity to talk to some of Argo's senior members if you have questions.
3. Monitor your application daily, please! An admin will contact you via application to set up an appointment for first an OOC interview, followed by an IC one on the same date/time if there's time, or we'll schedule for another day if there's not.
4. If you've passed both OOC and IC interviews, admin will work with you to find the next fleet event that you'd be able to join us for. Attendance at this event is required in order to keep moving on your application; if something comes up and you can't make it, that's okay, we'll pick up the next available one instead.
5. Admin will make a decision within 48 hours of the attended event, most likely sooner, and inform you of our response!
Initiates in 38th Fleet 'Argo'
An Initiate in Argo is a new member that has made it past the application process and is officially in the fleet both on the forums (application approved) and in the game. However, we have some minor and temporary restrictions on Initiates to ensure both A) they get integrated into the fleet both IC and OOC; and B) help protect fleet assets from fleet jumpers looking to only grab items from the fleet.
To that end, the following restrictions are applied to recruits: - only one character may be in the fleet. No alts are allowed until the initiate wait-period is over
- admin approval required to join or host a player-crew starship
- no purchase of fleet store items
The probation time ends when the following conditions have been met: - The player and character have been reasonably active for 30 days
- The player has submitted info for a roster tag to the admin team
Once these conditions have been met, the character will be promoted in game to the rank of "Member" with all the rights as any other member of the fleet, save the admin team. If you feel like you have reached these criteria, but have not been promoted, poke an admin and let us know. We'll definitely let you know what is missing, or promote you on the spot.
Finally, please note that according to Argo's inactivity policy, Initiates will be removed from fleet when activity checks are made if they have not progressed to Member rank and have also not logged into the game for more than one month without leaving some kind of LOA notice/explanation. Should you happen to be an Initiate who gets removed on one of these sweeps and you've come back to the game, automatic re-invite to Argo and resumption of the trial period may be an option for you.
If you have any questions about the Initiate status, please contact a fleet admin.